Monday, September 08, 2008

Stealing Steel

Dem sent me an article from the Ann Arbor News about 2 men being arrested for stealing 3 tons of stainless steel...sounds boring, but it happened to have been stolen from our research group. Specifically it was from our HIPLATE model, which I have discussed with you before. Furthermore I was the student that got to "identify" the steel and hangout with the detective for a day. I was going to write something last week, but I didn't want to post anything before it was public information. What's was really cool (though boring for like the first hour) was going through security camera footage with the salvage yard to find these guys dropping off the steel. I'm still not sure how much I should say so I won't say much besides it was fun playing detective for a day.

3 comments:

beneathwing said...

hehe, it's killing you that you can't say too much, isn't it?

demoreeann said...

i like the name of the post.. stealing steel.. hehe. :)

Mrs. Starman said...

playing detective is pretty fun. congrats on the experience.