Friday, September 19, 2008

My First 10K

Tomorrow morning Dem and I are going to run the 10K in the 29th annual Grosse Pointe Run. Neither of us have ever ran a race like this. I believe my track coach once made me run the 2 mile (~3.2K), but it was much more like a walk then a run. We were guaranteed a point for the team if we added someone, so I did it. So this is about 3 times longer then anything I have ran before, but Dem and I have been working hard and I believe we can do it. The original plan was to run a 5K, which is pretty close to what we run 3 times a week, but Dem just felt that would be too easy for us and she wanted a challenge. I know we are both capable and the only reason I'm really a little nervous about it is that both Dem (shins and knees) and I (ankle) are nursing some minor injuries. I still think we'll be able to do it though.


The closest picture of Dem and I being active.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your first long race!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck to the both of you

Anonymous said...

jia1 you2!!!jia1 you2!!!

demoreeann said...

you are a riot. "but Dem just felt that would be too easy for us and she wanted a challenge." let me set the record straight. the sentence should read: "but Brian just felt that would be too easy for us and she wanted a challenge." hahaha. :) but i do think it'll be a challenge, and hopefully we'll make it!!

demoreeann said...

p.s. did you really write this at 6am??!