Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Barry Sanders

So the Lions season isn't off to that great of a start...well that might be making it sound too good. However, I'm not going to be one of the fans that immediately throws away the season because we lost the first two games...remember everyone thought the Tigers were in trouble this year just because they lost their first 10 games...oh wait, yeah they never recovered from that. Anyway, I'm not giving up on the Lions yet, but I needed some thing encouraging since my football teams (Michigan & Lions) aren't looking that good. So I turned to the one man that is considered the only reason my generation loves the Lions...Barry Sanders. Its a shame YouTube didn't exist when he was running because there would be so many better highlights of him, but I was able to find at least a couple good highlights...though anyone that watched him every week knows that this is merely a small sampling of what this man could do. I feel fortunate to not only been a football fan when he was playing, but that my dad took me to a few of the games where he played (even sat next to his wife one game).

For better quality check out some these clips (clip 1, clip 2, and clip 3).



2 comments:

demoreeann said...

this is unbelievable.. i feel kind of dumb for not knowing about how awesome he was. although, i didn't really even understand football until about 9 years ago (thanks to michigan football, and patient guy friends).

Mrs. Starman said...

It's remembering the great things that make the not-so-great things tolerable.