Friday, September 12, 2008

High School Sports

I showed a couple clips from my high school sports awhile ago, but what I really wanted to find was the only clip I have of me on the news...I think I was on it at least three times but only got a tape of it once. Sadly my copy got eaten by the machine when I went to digitize it...but luck would be on my side and my parents had a copy of it. So everyone can breath easy knowing that you are going to get to see this famous clip.


Also on that same tape was some video taken by my uncle Gerald at a track meet of mine in Bad Axe (I love Pigeon but Bad Axe is a great name for a town). I had a copy of this but it too was consumed by the hungry, hungry VCR at Michigan. The meet certainly wasn't my greatest showing since its clear from what non-competing people are wearing and the flags blowing it was very cold and windy. However, I'm still glad I have some footage of me competing in high jump, discuss, and sprint relays (this much have been junior year because I was slow). I'll share the clip of me clearing 6ft in high jump...it illustrates a few very typical things about when I jumped; (1) I had no form or method on my approach, (2) I often would restart my jump because it didn't "feel" right, (3) I would only restart once and jump no matter what on the second attempt, (4) always missed once or twice at a height, and (5) I usually made it on my third attempt at heights up to 6ft.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh those were the days! I really enjoyed watching my kids strive and work towards there goals. I took great pride in watching them grow.

demoreeann said...

good clips. :)

tahmmee said...

nice, nice indeed.

Anonymous said...

Those are great memories! Your mom and I sure enjoyed watching you children grow up.

beneathwing said...

So you can jump over my head. What will happen in the first two attempts then?

belbing said...

I think we have to change the "can" to "could" in beneathwing's comment.

Mrs. Starman said...

I didn't realize how casual you really were during the high jump time. I always enjoyed watching you play basketball.