Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

With the summer coming to an end Dem and I finally made it up north to my parents place for a long weekend. On our way back we finally remembered that we did actually visit Pigeon this summer on Mother's Day, but it was just for a couple hours. Dem had Friday and Monday off of work so we drove up there Thursday evening after we helped our friend do some light moving.

It was a really nice weekend seeing my parents plus extended family. We had a BBQ, two nights of campfires, Dairy Queen, watched some really nice sunsets, got two runs in, and played a bunch of wii. I think my mom is hooked on wii and will be getting one down the road...once she heals up from the wii-injury. Here are some pics and video to recap some of the very fun weekend.


The highlight of the weekend...Dem and dad wii boxing.

Here is Dem and I being sad after there was an accident that resulted in me getting a chunk of my nose removed (see the blood at the end)...its healing nicely.


A nice picture of Dem out on the breakwall in Caseville when the sun was setting.


We finally took some pictures of the wind mills that are all over the place up by Pigeon now.


Closer picture of the wind mills....they are even larger then they look in the picture.


Then it was time to drive back home.

8 comments:

beneathwing said...

Your mom was surely having a great time. :D

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed our visit this last weekend! I really like wii games. Yes I can see us getting one in the near future. My enjury is healing up nicely.

demoreeann said...

it was a nice weekend! the weather was so great. a good end of the summer trip. thanks, elbings!! :)

Mrs. Starman said...

I don't know which is better... watching the two of you box, or listening to mom's excitement.

Anonymous said...

Watch out Demoree, next time I am going to win. I think I moved around to much and got tired out.

demoreeann said...

that sounds like a challenge lonetree!! i look forward to our rematch. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, the Anne Elbing laugh... how much have I missed that! p.s. Ron's moves were incredible! kkh:)

tahmmee said...

ahhh, the laborless wiikend :)

gooood times! !