Thursday, June 05, 2008

Stanley Cup Champions

In spite of game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals being the only playoff game this year that I didn't get to see any of (had to be driving between Michigan and Chicago during), I won't change a thing (unless some how I could have changed history and made the Wings win in overtime of game 5). I'll even take the most "crap-tastic" game winning goal (as Trudi correctly referred to it as). Probably the worst part of driving during the game was due to the NHL's inability to market themselves I couldn't even listen to the game on the radio (I lost a station before I even got out of Michigan...seriously?!). However I have to thank Trudi and Jen for giving Demoree and I updates during the game. With all that said I'm really glad the Wings won their 4th Stanley Cup in the past 11 years...Amazing! Its going to be a fun year with the Cup being in Michigan a bunch and perhaps I'll even get to see it...everyone in Michigan better be heading to Detroit tomorrow for the parade...party it up. Congrats Wings!!!

Photo by Dave Sandford/Getty Images

So I think I could go on and on about how great it is to win this Cup, but I'm sure everyone that cares already knows (or they could just read other websites). Thus I shall keep it short and sweet.

Photo by Dave Sandford/Getty Images

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the Wings!!!!

Trudi said...

I am still laughing about the "crap-tastic" goal. I looked at all of the people who were making fun of me for being a Detroit fan, pointed at them, and laughed really hard in each of their faces. They were pissed, but it still counted as the game winning goal.

Yeah Detroit! I am so happy for all of you!!!