Wednesday, June 11, 2008

JFM Paper & Home Video #2

I'm proud to say that as of yesterday I got a manuscript accepted for publication. Now this isn't my first publication but there are a few reason why this one is much more significant.

1) Its being published in the Journal of Fluid Mechanics (JFM)
JFM is the top publication for fluid mechanics research (my area), so getting a paper published there is an accomplishment in itself and this is my first paper in JFM.

2) I am the first author
I've never been a first author on a publication before this one (excluding conference papers)...though hopefully my second one will be accepted soon (however in a less significant journal).

3) It was accepted after only 1 round of revisions
I've seen very good papers go many months (even years) before being accepted. This manuscript from first submission to acceptance was only 4 months. I would say I'm going to be spoiled getting a paper through so quickly early in my career, but the last paper I got published took well over a year to get accepted.

Home Video #2
For those that aren't that interested in publications I'll provide everyone with a great video from my youth. There are several things to notice in this video: (1) as Rey pointed out...make sure you check out the awesome art hanging on the refrigerator, (2) as typical of the videos from this age, I seem to be in my own world, (3) Rey is a star and knows it, and (4) TC has the best dance ever...it really cracks me up.


5 comments:

beneathwing said...

congrats!

demoreeann said...

congratulations! :) another excellent video, elbing siblings!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your publication!! I am sure there will be more to come.

Trudi said...

Congrats on a job well done!!! Really impressive.

I LOVE these videos. I constantly laugh to see the young Elbing sibs! Hysterical.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS LITTLE BROTHER!!! Another great video as well.