Thursday, June 12, 2008

Old Glory Days

In the digitizing of the family videos I've finally got to my sports television debut. At that point in my life baseball was the best sport in my mind and played all the time. I also sported some pretty sweet Tigers wrist bands and a Tigers t-shirt (I believe that shirt is now a rag somewhere). In the video I struggled with the starting pitcher (mom), but when the relief pitcher (dad) came in to the finish the game I had more success.

However in the closing moments of the game a similar play occurred, but this time dad made a heroic effort and got me out at the plate...though I did make a strong case that the tie goes to the runner.


I've also begun work on some of my sports tapes. They are actually in much worse shape then the family home video and probably will lose some of the videos. However today I managed to capture a couple highlights from our big game with Reese my senior year. The video below captures my best offense-to-defense sequence (at least that is on tape).


Also from that same game I was able to get the biggest assist of my basketball "career" (I'm using the term career here very loosely...typically career's result in the making of money). Basically the team we were playing was ranked in the top 5 in the state and we weren't ranked at the time. We had been down by like 10 points with about 5 minutes left in the game before we went on a scoring run. If I recall write at the point of this play we were down by one point and after it we never let Reese score again...oh good memories (I'll choose to forget that this same team later breaks our 17 game winning streak).


6 comments:

demoreeann said...

i love the wristbands! you were cool even back then. :)

beneathwing said...

This is counted as a sports blog.

Anonymous said...

Brian, even the video shows that you were out by a mile.

Elbow said...

I don't know...you even signaled safe. I think in your heart you knew it was a tie, but called me out.

Anonymous said...

Yes, now the layup I've seen many many many times.
But the cross-over...WoW. Pretty nice :)

And u know, if u keep blocking people like that, your gonna get recruited by some random person in the CCRB ....

Elbow said...

Love the art Magic Bird...yes the blocks should get me picked up by CCRB people, but not the assist...they don't appreciat those things.