Monday, June 23, 2008

1999 Coming Home Game

I needed to take a break from the family home videos since I am currently in the Berne 4th of July program part of the tape. There is some great moments in there, but it's kind of long and after awhile of watching it (with no audio) you get kind of bored. So today I decided to spent some more time on my high school sports stuff. I'm not digitizing too much of the tape because if its lost it isn't the end of the world for me, but I did keep some highlights from our Coming Home Pep Rally. Highlights included the "pep talk" given by our point guard (lets just say he was better know for his basketball skills then his speeches), the dunk competition (highlights below), and interviews by my couch and myself before the big game (also below).

The first video shows the highlights from the 1999 Laker Dunk Competition, which I actually won...though competition wasn't exactly super strong. You maybe able to guess this from the highlights consisting of a kid jumping off another's back to dunk and me dunking while still in jeans.


Another gem that I found on the tape are these interviews of my coach and I before the big game. I think as much hype as can be generated for a Thumb high school basketball game was created for this game. We were playing a top 10 team in the state for our Coming Home game (its like Homecoming for basketball...for those that have never heard of it before) and from what the old folks around Laker country say it was the second largest attendance in memory. They had these interviews with all the seniors on our team and our junior point guard, which basically they are all as sweet as my interview.

3 comments:

beneathwing said...

haha, you looked so young and innocent.

Anonymous said...

Yes, clearly u have the interview skills of a champ! A team that didn't even have to work on offense because "It comes natural." :)

Anonymous said...

oh yea, the dunking competition is hilarious. Would've been funny if you jumped OVER that guy's back in the first dunk ( wearing Jeans of course )