Sunday, July 01, 2007

A Week in Fun

While this past week I actually did manage to get work done, I also was able to have quite a bit of fun. First, this past Tuesday I drove up to Pigeon (actually drove up Monday night) to go golfing with my dad and a couple of his buddies. Even though I got pretty sunburned and didn’t win it was still totally worth the trip.

The match was best ball between my dad's team (my dad and Cooper) versus my team (me and Galen). The back story is that every year my dad’s team golfs against Galen and someone else (whom ever my dad gets) and every year my dad loses. So this year I played with Galen, and I’m really not a good golfer by any means. Dad’s team jumps out to a 3 stroke lead after the first 3 holes. With the exception of a stroke gained here lost there the lead remained through hole 13. On hole 14 my team cut the deficit to only 2 strokes and we were feeling pretty good about our situation. Then on hole 15 we quickly gave back the stroke plus one…we were now down 4 strokes with only 3 holes to go. We figured that that ended any hopes of an awesome last minute comeback to win. But then on holes 16 and 17 we gained a stroke on each one leaving only a 2 stroke lead for my dad’s team. Leaving one hole left with a slight chance to comeback (though, if my memory serves me correctly, they hadn’t given us two strokes on a single hole all day).

Now hole 18 I would love to give a blow by blow recap of it, but frankly I just don’t remember how each shot took place. However what I do know is that my team both hit great shots right up near the green while my dad’s team ended up in trouble along the woods with a ditch between them and the hole. When my dad’s partner hit it into the ditch my dad was forced to make the smart decision and play it safe…Galen and I knew we had a chance because it is so difficult to hang onto a lead while having to play it safe. In the end my dad’s team had to make a putt to tie my team…I would have to say that I’ve never been so excited to tie a game in my life.

Then on Thursday I was able to go to the Tigers game against the Rangers. Thank you to Trudi for inviting me to go and to her mom for being able to get such awesome seats for us. Basically Trudi got tickets to the game and invited Sherry, Demoree, and myself to the game. It was a whole lot of fun and I’m actually going to hold off saying too much because I plan on posting more details of the trip once I have acquired pictures from Trudi…so everyone is guaranteed another update shortly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is counted as a sports one.