Thursday, July 05, 2007

My First YouTube Video

Well I posted my first video on YouTube. It was done in hopes of solving the problem of how to get a video to my advisor, but sadly YouTube compresses the video resulting in too poor of quality for my liking. So I had to seek an alternative solution to the problem (thanks to both Demoree and Sherry for their assistance with that). While the video will look like nothing to everyone that reads my blog I couldn't resist posting it just for the fun of it.

While the YouTube compression did make it look worse, the higher quality video doesn't look all that much different from it. With that being said I also need to thank Ciara since she was the original person that converted the VHS tape to digital format, which required her to watch a lot of video that looked exactly like the 30 secs you just saw.

3 comments:

tahmmee said...

That was by far (one of) the most exciting video I've ever seen on youtube! I think it was the suspense of not knowing what would happen next. Or the mystery of not knowing what I was looking at.

btw, what is a VHS? Do you need an hdmi cable for that? Can I hook it up to my laptop? Yesterday I saw a floppy drive. I think they play newer and smaller CD's or DVD's, but not really sure if it's become mainstream yet,

Mrs. Starman said...

It's like watching channel 66 before cable.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tommie expect that this is the second most exciting video on youtube, because the #1 is the video of my niece playing piano.