Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Birthday to the USA

In typical fashion I'm a little late with it, but to everyone Happy 4th of July!!!

I know that the United States isn't perfect by any means, but quite honestly I don't think she gets the credit is properly due her. Other nations expect/demand that we help them in times of crisis and offer little to no assistance when we are in trouble. However to some extent it adds to my pride in the nation when other countries will show us no respect and still when they are in trouble we are ready to offer help. We're a great nation and I'm proud to be an American.

Sidenote: Foosball is coming to an office near you (if your office is located in the Lay Autolab)

6 comments:

Mrs. Starman said...

Happy Birthday United States! (even later than my bro)

Also... how do I move my office so that I can have foosball?

Elbow said...

Well Rey, the ironic thing is that it was either you or Teresa that got me that many years ago for Christmas. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

BTW, what is the relationship between patriotism and Christianity? I remember CSLewis said something about it, but I forgot what it was.

Sherry said...

This picture alone brings me so much joy...

You are the bomb!!!

Boo plus Aroo said...

I totally agree, Brian. Our country is filled with good people with dreams and ideas (excuse the cheesiness) but people only see the corruption.

I realized from visiting even just countries like England that we have a lot of civil liberties that we take for granted. I found two examples there of what would violate our freedoms of speech and religion.

In sum: God Bless America!