Monday, July 09, 2007

Family Heirloom

Well I’m back to work following a couple rather relaxed weeks. While I do plan on posting an update with details about the past few days (since July 4th), I have to first thank my Aunt Grace for something that was really nice of her. When I was up in Pigeon my Aunt Grace and Uncle Joe came over and my Aunt Grace said she had a gift for me. She then showed me an old picture and filled me in on how I was related to them. Now unless I’ve already screwed this up (correct me if I’m wrong), in the picture was my great-grandpa Henry Elbing, brothers and sisters, and his parents. Then she gave me a small box and when I opened it up there was a really nice woman’s wedding ring. It was my great-great-grandma’s wedding ring. My Aunt Grace wanted the ring to stay in the Elbing name so she gave it to me since I was the only boy on our side…Thanks Aunt Grace.

The Ring

2 comments:

Mrs. Starman said...

WOW! That was very nice. What an honor.

Sherry said...

Did I miss anything?