Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Trip Up North

This past weekend I had my first Cedar Polka Festival and Traverse City Cherry Festival experiences. I would have to say that both were quite enjoyable, though I didn’t spend much time at the Cherry Festival. I hesitated to write a post about this because this type of post really needs pictures to accompany the wonderful stories that I share with everyone. Well in typical fashion I took my camera with me and took a grand total of ZERO pictures (this actually includes my time in Pigeon…well with the exception of pictures of the mini-foosball table). In spite of that I’ve decided to update this because it was fun to me and to keep at least one of my readers happy I’ve included details of each meal I had.

Thursday
I got up early and went out golfing with my dad, Uncle Joe, and G’pa. We did best ball with my dad and me versus my Uncle Joe and G’pa. Our team started off a little rough, finished strong, but failed to catch up with them. We ended up losing by 3 strokes on 9 holes. Besides that I didn’t do too much besides driving up to Lake Ann (Demoree’s home town near Traverse City).

Lunch: Buffulo chicken sandwich
Dinner: Pizza


Friday
In the afternoon I went to a small beach on Lake Michigan and did some reading, eating, talking, and swimming with Demoree. It was pretty fun and I got to have some of Demoree’s favorite beef jerky…not going to lie it is really good (though I won’t mind some extra spice, well I always want a little more kick).
After the beach Demoree, her parents and I had a nice dinner outside. Then we went over to some friends of the family to watch the fireworks over Long Lake. The fireworks were done by an individual that supposedly spent $100,000 on them…they were pretty good. While over there we also played some euchre and ate some awesome mexcican chip dip that was made by Demoree’s mom.

Breakfast: Toast with peanut butter
Lunch: Sub sandwich, chips, and beef jerky
Dinner: Grilled stake, potatoes, salad, and brownies
Late night Snack: Mexican dip and tortilla chips

Saturday
The morning and early afternoon was pretty lazy with us just watching Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs. Then Demoree and I went into Traverse City to get her grandma a birthday card. On the way back we stopped for some ice cream at Moomers, which is a local dairy farm/ice cream shop that has some pretty good ice cream. Later on I met Demoree’s friend Chelsea and we all went to the Cedar Polka Festival. Highlights of the Polka Festival include Polka dancing (with Demoree and her grandma), playing euchre, learning the difference between German and Polish Brats, and showing Demoree how fast I can chug a beer. I then finished off the evening at Demoree’s place playing some more euchre with her parents.

Breakfast: Pancakes, eggs, bacon
Lunch?: Moomers ice cream
Dinner: Polish Brat and chips
Late night snack: Nacho cheese and chips


Sunday
The morning was pretty relaxed with Demoree and I just hangout some. Then we went into Traverse City for lunch. While at lunch we decided to take a stroll through the Cherry Festival since I had never been there for it. I guess the two best things that I saw while there was part of the air show and Build-A-Bear (I was completely unaware that this was a common thing). After that I packed up my stuff and headed back to Ann Arbor to resume my regular life.

Breakfast: Toast with peanut butter
Lunch: White cheddar ale chowder and Pub Club sandwich
Dinner: Chips and salsa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it saved me some time...Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Build-A-Bear!

Mrs. Starman said...

I especially like the menu listings!

beneathwing said...

Man, as I was re-reading this post, it felt like it happened just a few weeks ago. But it was last summer!