Saturday, July 21, 2007

Keyword Search

So for quite awhile I have been planning on writing something about the keywords that people search with and find my blog. This has been avoided primarily because it would take some effort to go thru all the searches and organize them. Then today I happened to check what has been searched for this month and the vast majority this month had been related to quitting your PhD. This inspired me (out of curiosity) to count how many times variations of "quit my PhD" have led people to my blog. It turns out that this has been only recently that people have been searching for this...perhaps the summer time inspires people to give serious thought to quitting their PhD...who knew?

I hesitate to include the number of searches since they are so small that people like Ciara who has tons of hits might make funny of me, but hey I'm proud of every visitor.

So here are the leading keyword topics (excluding searching for me):
Amarillo Sky Lyrics (16) - yes dad your favorite post is the most searched for
PhD related (12) - 9 are related to quitting
Evolution (11)
Sister Renee (8)
Demoree (7)
Memphis Stuff (7)
Simpsons (4)
Mitchell Feigenbaum's 26-hour day (3) - I'm telling you this could work if we all got on board
Ciara (3)

Topic 5 Searches
(1) Harshest punishment in New Testament (hmmm....crucifixion)
(2) Stories of elbows that won't bend (that's right I won't bend...unless I dropped something)
(3) Superficial relationships (this must have been from prior to dating Demoree)
(4) Bloodshot eyes due to marijuana use (were they looking for examples?)
(5) Annoying Southern phrases (are they annoying?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No.3 search makes me laugh. Caution is good.

Unknown said...

"Demoree" is ranked only fifth? That ranking will rise soon. ;o)

Good article as usual.

Trudi said...

I have tagged you. If you want to play along check out my page. If not, no worries.