Thursday, June 28, 2007

Blog Update

To start off today I got to go to a baseball game with Demoree, Trudi, and Sherry and I'll be filling in details of that in the near future, but since I don't have some cool picture to put with that post I'll write about something else for today.

Tonight I got thinking about my blog, which I do from time to time. I was reflecting on my lack of updates and the need to put some time towards it. This got me thinking about why I started it in the first place. I started this blog with 2 primary objectives: (1) share some good stories and memories with whom ever is interested in reading them and (2) to have a source to purge out my thoughts on whatever topic is consuming my waking moments.

Overall I would have to say that it has really done a great job with both of my goals. I still have plenty of stories to share but think to date I have included a nice collection of past and present stories. The second objective has worked out incredibly well. Prior to my blog I would be constantly thinking over and over the various issues of some given topic (religion, sports, the existence of God, evolution, scientific theories, etc) and working out my thoughts and views on them. The problem was that once I had really settled my mind on an issue I would be so frustrated since I knew that if I didn't write it down I would just forget how I reached the given conclusion and have to do it all over again in the future. Well with this blog I've been able to take my thoughts, post them, and forget about it for the time being. I would have to say this is the primary motivation for me to update (unless I have pictures for people...stories are just so much better with pictures).

Thus I think the main reason I haven't been updating much recently is that currently my thoughts have been on a bunch of topics/issues with no time focused on one thing. This results on a long list of ideas for updates, but with no clear direction of how I want to write. The good news to those that enjoy reading my blog is that I'm getting back to reading some Clive Staples, which should get my mind more focused and able to sort out details. This should then result in me having topics that I just can't wait to write about.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh good old Jack...I miss him too.

Anonymous said...

BTW, my top 3 might be "a tribute to farmers"(it's such a sincere and great post),"the heart" or "Nostalgia"(I lean towards "nostalgia", but "the heart" was there first), and "heaven" (I simply love this topic).

Mrs. Starman said...

Congrats on your success with your goals.

It's interesting how many people who started posting for one reason have changed to another.