Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A Chip Equals Half Burger

I know I haven't been great with updates...turns out planning a wedding takes quite a bit of time plus my work seems that now that I get paid more I'm expected to at least do as much as I did before. Well I'm putting in some time on my blog to give some updates...I actually have four in addition to this one in the queue. They are just a bunch of small items, such as this one, that I wanted to post and haven't. So I'm starting with the oldest.

Last month when Dem and I visited her parents place to do some wedding planning tasks, we pulled into a vet on our way up...Dem needed something, but I can't remember...not from the vet but from the car and we had to stop to get it. So I'm sitting, waiting (wishing...at least Dem will get the reference) and checking out this places sign. Dem and I sat there for awhile pondering what might be meant by "1 chip = 1/2 burger". Just like our previous sign mystery (still unsolved) we would like to know where this conversion factor comes from...if you know what this means please share.


1 Chip = 1/2 Burger

6 comments:

Mrs. Starman said...

I can't solve your two sign mysteries, but I do get the song reference.

demoreeann said...

I have thought about it quite a bit, and i STILL can't figure out what the sign could possibly mean. Especially on a vet sign. :) Also, I think I was trying to find my glasses so I could take out my contacts (the reason we stopped at the vet parking lot).

Anonymous said...

i think it means that feeding your pet 1 potato chip is the equivalent of your pet eating half a burger... like proportion-wise.

at least, that's how I read it??

Anonymous said...

that was me (joy)

Anonymous said...

All y'all, Dr. T thinks that the sign is trying to promote "microchipping" your pet so when they get lost its easy to locate the owner. One chip is half the cost of a burger? Their marketing department sucks.

Mrs. Starman said...

I think that BT may be onto something with the micro-chipping. Perhaps the marketing department consists of a couple of guys at a bar having a couple and getting a little "creative."