Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My First TV

Well its not exactly my first tv, but it is the first tv that I have purchased. It is the fourth tv that I have owned. The first was my dad's college black and white that had a garage door opener wired to it as a remote control (thanks uncle Gerald). I had that until I was some where around 12 years old and my parents got me a color tv with remote...oh yeah. I still have that one and its sitting on the floor in my bedroom collecting dust, but still works (it might be Dem and my secondary tv). It was my primary tv until some time during graduate school when my parents got a new tv, gave their old one to my sister, and I received her old one that was handed down to her from our parents. It has served me well and still works, but there is a decent amount of uncertainty about how much longer she will be with us. So when Dem and I were registering for our wedding we saw some really nice tvs on sale at Circuit City, which after looking at a few places led us to decide to buy a 40" Sony Bravia HD TV...I have to say that it is pretty awesome.


A picture of the new tv with Jeff Beck playing at the Crossroads Music Festival.

I also took a video of the new tv...well the tv doesn't do a lot so its more a video of Jeff Tweedy playing "Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down." I don't think the video does the tv justice at all, but I really like this song and Jeff Tweedy so I'm posting it.


5 comments:

demoreeann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
demoreeann said...

heck yeah to new TV. i am pretty excited about watching our favorite shows together. AND i am proud to admit that i like watching TV, and happy that i have not turned into one of those i-don't-watch-tv-because-it sucks-your-brains-out people. you are wrong people, tv makes you smarter!

seth said...

nice tv! If you can't find it one day, don't look in my basement where it wouldn't fit perfectly.

Circuit city prices must be dropping? I stopped in a month ago and the discounts were negligible.

Mrs. Starman said...

Congrats! I looks great.

Sherry said...

Sweet!