Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thanks Jay Leno

I've never been that big of a fan of Jay Leno, basically because I think Dave Letterman is better. However, I have to say thanks to Leno for offering to come to Detroit and put a some free show for the area due to the extremely high levels of unemployment. This I think is a real class act of Jay and the entire state should be thanking him. Unfortunately, thanks to the city council of Detroit (Martha Reeves specifically), even this is making Detroit (and Michigan) look bad. How can she justify criticizing Leno for selecting the Palace of Auburn Hills for the shows...the home of the DETROIT Pistons. I get that its not in Detroit and there is a history of tension between the suburbs and the city, but why in the world would Jay Leno know that putting on a show at the home of the Detroit Pistons would not be considered in Detroit. I hope that Martha Reeves and the city council apologize to Leno and appreciate some charity given to the area...even though the damage nationally has already been done.

1 comment:

Mrs. Starman said...

How embarassing! But Illinois knows what it's like to have politicians embarass us!