Thursday, May 22, 2008

Wings Pictures and Dreams Coming True

I need a break from my work (I've been working all day and its now 3:00am and I need to do something fun for a moment). I know what everyone is thinking...hey, what could possibly be more fun than making revisions to a 68-page manuscript. Well my friend I have your answer...looking at photos of the Wings beating Dallas to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals and having a life-long dream come true.

Photo by Vernon Bryant / DMN Photo Staff
There is simply nothing better than a Wings short-handed goal like this one by Zetterberg in the second period of Game 6.

Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images
Lets take a look at that from another angle.

Photo by Dave Reginek/NHLI/Getty Images

Then I came across a nice picture of Mo Cheese on ESPN.com (click to read the article and click the picture for a larger view) and just had to put it up even though it obviously isn't from Game 6. Now I had already made this post and was about to put it online when it dawned on me...hey, this is very close to where my parents and I often sit...in fact based on where Mo Cheese is and the angle of the photo we would normally sit in the upper left corner of this picture...hey that guy looks like my dad...hey there appears to be a lady waving a towel about the size of my mom to his right...hey the guy next to the lady that looks like my mom looks a lot like me!!! Holy Crap!!! (Sorry Demoree you just barely missed the photo opt). So there you have it...I finally got my dream of appearing on ESPN (alright I really wanted to make Sportscenter but this will do). Ironically it is clear that my dad and I are both watching Mo Cheese (the guy right in front of us) on the screen overhead.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed your Dad and you and the top of my head. Hey we made it to ESPN!

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP!!!! IF IT WAS NOT FOR THE FAT GUY NEXT TO ME, I WOULD NOT BE IN THE PICTURE.

demoreeann said...

wow! that is SOO cool!!! you made ESPN!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool.

Sherry said...

Hahaha! That's awesome!

I almost skipped it as a sports post. Then I read the comments and went back to the picture. :)