Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Puzzle, Movie, Sports

1) Puzzle
This past Friday Demoree and I completed our second puzzle...this one being much more difficult. The nice thing about this puzzle though is that it actually got easier instead of harder as we approached the end. In fact we from the right picture below it took us about 15 minutes to get from there to the finish.

A few pictures taken during the final stages of the Simpson puzzle.

The completed puzzle!!!

2) Movie - Prince Caspian

Great movie...its very rare that I sit through a movie that is over 2 hours long and then say I could see that again. Demoree and both said that when it got to the end. Its quite obvious that C.S. Lewis' stepson (Douglas Gresham) is a co-producer of the movie because its (A) holds to the original story very well and (B) clearly conveys the Christian message (at least if you are a Christian).

3) Sports - Red Wings

Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images

I'm glad to be able to say that there won't be a game 7 of the Western Conference NHL Finals...the Wings are Conference Champions!!! Now its on to the Stanley Cup Finals!!! When the Wings lost game 4 I wasn't too worried, but when they lost game 5 (looking quite bad mind you) I was a little concerned. Basically watching the Red Wings regularly for over a decade (I think I've watched the vast majority of playoff games since 1993) I have seen them go cold and suddenly they go from scoring 4 goals a game to 1. It made me nervous seeing them not score on a 6 on 3 to end game 4 and scoring only 1 goal in game 5. However, they surprised me by coming out of the funk with a 4 goal performance to finish out the series. Now that it is past us I think this will help the Wings a lot...had we entered the Stanley Cup Finals with a 10 game win streak I would feel that we would have to either sweep the Penguins or would probably loss the Cup (that two game funk would have happened and perhaps we couldn't have afforded that). Now I think the Wings will be ready for a challenging series that should be very exciting. It sure would be nice if we could get Henrik Zetterberg his first cup, Pavel Datsyuk his second (first as the go-to-guy), and Nicklas Lidstrom his first cup as team captain (we've never won it without Steve Yzerman or Scotty Bowman...in recent years).

6 comments:

demoreeann said...

i couldn't believe that we finished the puzzle so fast.. AND that we finished it in time to see Prince Caspian.. (AND the wall-e trailer) :)
Go WINGS!

beneathwing said...

I have quite different opinions on the movie. They made some major changes that had weakened the Christian messages.

Mike H. said...

way to go on that puzzle, dang

Trudi said...

This would not be Pavel's first Stanley Cup. He got it with them in 2002 - his first season with the Red Wings and NHL. Just had to set the facts straight! Ha!

I agree with you about the games. I was angry that they lost game 5, but after seeing them come out and play in game 6, I know that their drive and determination will be there to play and win the Stanley Cup finals. I cannot wait to see two of the best teams play it out. Sadly, I would like to see a seven game series, but with Detroit winning of course! It should be intense.

Elbow said...

Trudi - thanks for the correction and I've changed the post with the correct info. I'm a bit embarassed that I got that wrong, but I guess when they won his rookie year he wasn't a focal point of the team (though now that you pointed it out I do remember thinking...who's Datsyuk...he looks pretty good for a young guy).

beneathwing said...

huh?