Sunday, May 25, 2008

I Think ESPN Wants the Penguins to Win

So its seems rather obvious to me that both ESPN and the NHL are dreaming that the Penguins will win the Stanley Cup. I'm not totally sure why they hate Detroit so bad but I have to say it seems pretty obvious (I'll admit I'm biased here). However when all their analysis consists of them pointing out how Detroit is either more experienced, as talented, or more talented then the Penguins only to conclude that the Penguins will beat Detroit I can't help but say they are only concluding that off of their biases. Then if that didn't convince you, there is a recent article that asked Burnside, Hradek, and Melrose 10 questions about the Stanley Cup Finals and below is Burnside's answer to question #10.

Question: We're asking you to dream again. What's the one dream scenario you would want to see in the Stanley Cup finals?

Burnside: Fleury stops Datsyuk and Zetterberg on a 2-on-1 late in regulation in Game 7 (hey, we've all got deadlines), Hal Gill picks up the rebound and finds Tyler Kennedy at center, who dishes to Max Talbot coming in off the right side, who snaps one under the crossbar. Then that great big octopus comes down from the ceiling at The Joe and the Penguins players hack it to bits with their sticks. I think I'll stop now.

5 comments:

beneathwing said...

Wing?

Trudi said...

I could not agree with you more. At least you have been able to see broadcasts of the games from Detroit's point of view. I am constantly hearing about how Detroit is good, but Crosby, Crosby, Crosby. Then on the first intermission they all sulk and say that Detroit has been flawless.

GIVE the Detroit players some respect!!! They were #1 all year long for a reason. It is not one player who is better than another! There are several players on the team who step it up and score...not just Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Isn't that what hockey is all about - the whole team?!?! To me it is...and I could not be happier that Detroit has two more games to win before they hoist the Cup!

Makes me sick to have to watch the final games on NBC...yuck! I hate their commentators even more. Imagine that!

belbing said...

Trudi, it actually isn't all that much better here since we have to listen to the national commentary as well. Basically the radio is the only place I actually get to hear people say that the Wings are actually a good team.

beneathwing said...

Hey, I can understand your comments! Here are my conclusions: 1. you both disliked the commentators; 2. Wings is a good team.

Btw, were you trying to say that "ESPN wants the Penguins to win"?

Elbow said...

Man I'm having some trouble getting this title correct.