Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

This past Thursday Demoree and I decided to take the open weekend and head up north to Traverse City to visit her family and then stop by my parents place on Sunday. We drove up there Friday night with minimal traffic and arrived in Lake Ann a little after 11pm. Saturday was a nice day filled with bean dip, running, Pistons last second victory, Red Wings 8th consecutive victory, steaks, and a short trip into Traverse City.

View overlooking West Bay in Traverse City.
Demoree and I in front of West Bay.

Sunday started off slow with us just hanging out a bit in the morning before heading over to visit Demoree's grandma. It was nice to hangout with her family, but we couldn't stay too long since we had a lot of driving to do. We then went over to Pigeon to take my mom out for dinner. As a bonus we had a nice show of some family videos from back when I was a wee lad. After that it was back to Ann Arbor to unpack and get ready for yet another week of work.

5 comments:

beneathwing said...

Video, video!!!

Btw, beautiful view and nice camera!

demoreeann said...

yay TC & pigeon. what a quick trip, but so fun!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great evening! I really enjoyed the visit!

Mrs. Starman said...

B- You are pretty good at taking your own pic!

belbing said...

Thanks Rey, its taken some practice but I'm getting better at it. Though I should note that it did take me two tries to get that one.