Thursday, January 31, 2008

She Said Yes

I’ve held off posting anything (though I’ve actually written multiple entries) because I couldn’t put anything up in between the big event and when I share it with the world (though I’m pretty sure everyone that reads my blog already knows). If you haven’t guessed already from the title, this past weekend I proposed to Dem and she said yes. We both are pretty happy and filled with a little bit of nervousness, but actually feel more comfortable moving forward then during the period when we were trying to decide if we should move forward.

First (one of) photo taken post engagement.

The first question everyone asks when I tell them I’m engaged is “how did you propose?” Well this is kind of anti-climatic, but I think its kind of fitting to both Dem and I because neither of us are much for formality. Basically last Friday night we were watching some television and she asked if we could just talk. I figured well I’ve only seen the second episode of Band of Brothers like 30 times but I guess it can wait until later so that we can talk instead. We then had a little talk about our relationship and marriage (we’ve been talking about it for a couple months now), and at one point Dem basically said she wanted to marry me. I then asked if she just purposed to me, which she said “no…ummm…I guess…sort of.” I then had a few side questions for her before having to sit and think about the situation for a second. During that period I settled in my mind that if I wanted to marry her and she wanted to marry me there was no reason to wait any longer and I looked at her and asked if she would marry me. After a series of “are you serious” I finally said, “Dem F. will you marry me?” and she said “yes.” I then had to explain I didn’t have a ring or anything, but she said it was ok. We then called and woke up our parents to tell them we were engaged and also called our siblings right away. Since then we’ve managed to pick out a ring (which she should have within the week) and decided that we want to get married this year, but beyond that we have no idea.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I actually found about this last night, so I was expecting this kind of entry today. As I was about to leave Wednesday group, I overheard Demoree talk about "engagement", and she already put her gloves on. I asked her to take off her left one, and I saw no ring. However, she filled me in, and your entry further corroborated what she had said last night.

Anyway, many congratulations to both you and Demoree!! :o)

Mrs. Starman said...

I can't tell you how happy I am that you guys are getting married! Demoree is definitely THE ONE for you... and you are THE ONE for her. Anyone who sees you interact can see that.

Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!
WE ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND DEMOREE! JUST WAITING FOR MORE DETAILS.

Trudi said...

CONGRATS!!!

This is so fantastic! You two are so perfect together. I could not be happier for either of you. I look forward to hearing all the details!!! Once again, congratulations. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the both of you. We are looking forward to more details. We are also looking forward to Demoree entering our little family!!

Anonymous said...

This is what it is meant to be.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Little Brother and soon to be sister-in-law... CONGRATULATIONS and I am so happy for the both of you. I am sure that you will both be very happy together. Can't wait fo details.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.