Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Ring

I have a number of things to update on, but the big news is that I have finally given Demoree her engagement ring. It worked out well that we were suppose to meet up after work yesterday and just before I left work I got news that the ring was ready. So I picked it up and "surprised" her with it. I say "surprised" for two reasons: (1) well she picked it out so it wasn't a real surprise and (2) she actually thought I was giving it to her that day because I had showed up for work later then normal (actually just over slept).

Demoree sporting her new bling

Close up of the ring.

Secondary News:
1)
I’ve rearranged my apartment somewhat this past weekend, which also resulted in my apartment being cleaner then it’s been in quite some time.

Bedroom looking good...plus I fixed my bed frame, so no longer sleeping on the floor.

2) The rearranging was primarily motivated by my desire to setup a desk in my living room area to work on the puzzle Demoree’s parents got us. I haven't done a puzzle in so long, but as soon as I start I'm so addicted. (I promised Demoree I won't work on it unless she was there...though this morning on my way out the door I saw two pieces that were a clear match and put them together...sorry Demoree).

Our Sleeping Bear Dunes Puzzle.

3) The bridge I have to cross everyday to get to work still isn’t finished with the painting/repairs. Now this seems pretty stupid to write about, but the work started in the middle of the summer. Seriously they’ve done very little to it and from what I was told the bridge was stripped down and rebuilt only seven years ago…what are they doing? From what I can tell the only thing they do on it for the past few months have been changing the date on the sign saying when work would be done.

Bridge on Huron Parkway that will never be done with repairs.

6 comments:

demoreeann said...

it's ok, b. i'm ok with you putting a few pieces of the puzzle together.. i don't know if i'd have the self control to not do the puzzle. it is SO addicting!

Anonymous said...

Nice ring!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice Ring!!! but the glare!
Nice clean apartment also!

Mrs. Starman said...

Yeah!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is live...Congrats Sir. I'm as happy for you as any man could safely be happy for another man.

And now my friend you are ready to hear the deep mystery behind every puzzle ever created since creation.

You see Brian, life is like a giant puzzle, and when two people fall in love
it is like putting two pieces together that are clearly a perfect
match.

eyuehup,

beneathwing said...

I am very jealous of the close-up feature of your camera.