Thursday, February 28, 2008

Leg Cuts

Recently I’ve had some really bad luck with getting cuts on my legs. Between Sunday and Tuesday of this week I cut or scraped my leg at least 5 times. One I found while watching TV with Demoree on my ankle, which I still have no idea where it came from (see below picture, far left). I was sitting there and my sock felt weird so I reach down there and it felt like the sock was stuck to me and there was a little pain. I took a closer look and I had a decent amount of flesh missing and Demoree noticed that the sock was stuck to me because blood had pooled up on the inside and dried there...I'm having some serious back luck in this area.

Best leg cuts from this past week. The right ankle (left) has no known cause, right lower shin (middle) was the result of medal stairs that have a sharp corner, and left back of the leg (right) was caused by the same corner on the stairs but walking in opposite direction.

[Yesterday I actually went the entire day without cutting my leg in the lab...though I did roll my ankle pretty bad. So I guess that's an improvement...right?]

5 comments:

demoreeann said...

i think you should fashion some sort of shin/ankle guard. :)

jbhancock said...

That wasn't from a giant razor normally used for cutting weeds in the bottom of a lake bed, was it? Don't tell me you are carrying that thing around the lab!

jbhancock said...

Watch the wrists.... :) kh

Elbow said...

haha...oh that brings back some memories.

However I actually didn't get any of these cuts from a giant razor blade. In fact I've improved my ability to cut myself to the point (note the pun) that I can cut myself on even completely dull things...not to brag or anything.

beneathwing said...

you can show your cuts to Steve.