Friday, August 08, 2008

HIPLATE Experience - Phase 3

I kind of got side tracked with my project of giving summaries of all my tests in Memphis. However, I must give details of the final phase of testing for me that took place during the summer of 2006 (at least large scale testing) since it is the one where I was project manager (and FYI I'm stilling processing data from it). This was definitely the most stressful period of my life to date. To give you an idea what it was like for the 3 months of testing, I would periodically go to the bathroom just to get away from the questions for five minutes only to realize that it just cost us about $500 for me to go the bathroom. I really don't have to say to much about the testing because I've already given the basic of my testing in Memphis and you can just read my entries made during testing (packing, trip to Memphis, southern talk, pro-smoking, one of my workers getting locked out of the hotel with only his towel, missing real life, the low point, Justin Timberlake, random stories during testing, my return, and the remains of my clothing) and most of the basics of Hiplate testing has already been shared.
So I'll just introduce my core crew (excluding professors).


(clockwise from top left) Me the fearless leader, Sherry my right hand woman, Ciara the handy woman (and bringer of cookie ice cream sandwiches and laughs), and my hard working French student Laetitia.

I'll just recap some other highlights with a couple pictures...

It's like the time I got the grinder caught in my sweatshirt and thought Ciara was going to yell at me.


Herold trying to explain something to me through the glass of the control room...not sure what he wants to say though.

Me working in the hot (it was so hot for a couple weeks we had to start testing at 3am when it was cooler), humid tunnel...we painted the model and that's why its white now.

4 comments:

beneathwing said...

Was it so that we had to STOP working at 3pm or start at 3pm?

I kind of remembered that we had to get up at 3~4am so that we could have enough hours of work. Also we were able to use the pool in the afternoon. I went to bed around 9pm or something like that.

beneathwing said...

I meant "Was it so hot..."

Elbow said...

Yeah, I said that we had to start at 3am. We would then work until the whenever the city would call and shut us down. Typically we would get the call in the early afternoon...about 1 or 2 pm. Then we would take an hour or so getting things shut down and heading back to the hotel for our swim.

beneathwing said...

Oops, I thought you were saying "3pm". My bad. :)