Saturday, September 02, 2006

Random Stuff

Since my last update nothing totally awesome has happened, but there have been some random things that are mildly interesting. Therefore I shall make a list of them (I love lists…personally I think more things should be put into list format).
1) I actually went to the Rendezvous (you know the place I mentioned previously that has the best ribs in the world). Last time they were delivered, but this time we went to the restaurant. For a place that has fed presidents, the prince of Monaco, prime ministers, and numerous celebrities, it wasn’t in a very nice part of Memphis. In fact it actually is in kind of a rough part of the town. We went at night and getting to the place requires you to walk down a dark alley…can’t say I felt all that safe getting there since Memphis is currently vying for murder capitol of the US. However it was certainly worth the danger…they are the best ribs. Earlier this week I drove past the place and began salivating.
2) While making a one day trip to Memphis Thursday I found myself in the middle of American Idol tryouts. I was wondering why the place I was staying at was so busy and then while a couple of people were talking about the tryouts. Turns out that the new hotel I was trying out was just down the street from them and nearly everyone staying at it was trying out. They said I should tryout, but I decided I would go ahead and keep my dignity.
3) I’m starting to think I travel too much…I’ve befriended the lady that drives the bus from the Memphis airport to the car rental place. I know all about her prison ministry, plans for moving to the country, and her work schedule so we know if I’ll be flying in about the time she works. I’ve also recently obtained executive status with National Car Rental…I’m not sure exactly what that entails besides I’ve rented way too many cars recently.
4) There are plenty of things to complain about when in comes to Memphis, but I’ve got to share with you a positive thing about it. It has a beautiful view along the Mississippi River…I’ve attempted to get some pictures of it in the past, but due to my camera’s battery dieing I couldn’t. Then when I went back on Thursday I finally managed to get a few pictures of the riverside. I would like to share a couple with you.


Top - Mississippi River, bridge to Arkansas, and the pyramid
Bottom- The riverside park and the city

5) Best for last…I’m currently getting a short break. While I have trips to Memphis both this upcoming week and the past week, I’ve been spending most of my time in Ann Arbor. I still have work to do but at least it isn’t in Memphis. I was even able to attend the first Michigan football game today…Go Blue!

5 comments:

beneathwing said...

If I were there, I would push you to go to the tryout. That'll be awesome and hilarious, I mean, for me. :)))

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you get a chance to relax. Everyone needs a breather once in awhile.

Anonymous said...

man, I just can't seem to stop eating pretzels. seriously, this may be a problem, It's only noon o'clock and I've already eaten a soft baked pretzel and I'm eating a bag right now. nope, haven't eaten anything else today but pretzels...

by the way Brian, you're my hero. Man 17 hr's work? And you probably don't even eat pretzels. There's no way I could work that long and not consume eat at least 5 pounds of pretzels. You must be saving up for a pretzel fiasco !!! what a romp.. absolutly brialliant,

why don't they embed spell checkers on these things...what is this, this 90's?

Mrs. Starman said...

I love lists too... I would like more things in my world to contain bullet points... or numerals... or some other listing format.

Elbow said...

Reasons I like lists...
1) Affords me the opportunity to use numbers while writing.
2) I like organization...even though I don't do much of it.
3) Can convey information quick to others.
4) They simply rock.
5) Allows me the chance to just put my thoughts without connecting the thoughts.