Thursday, July 03, 2008

Red Wings Report

Next year Hossa doesn't want to end up like this.
Photo by Jim McIsaac /Getty Images

If you haven't heard, the Wings signed Marian Hossa (yeah one of the Penguins top players) to a one year contract. Just thinking about having Brad Stuart, Nicklas Lidstrom, Niklas Kronwall and Brian Rafalski as our top 4 defensivemen coupled with four guys that are amazing at offense and defense (Hossa, Zetterberg, Franzen and Pavel Datsyuk) makes me so excited for next year. Sometimes things don't go the way you would expect them to, but I'm definitely liking our shot at a repeat next year.

3 comments:

Trudi said...

I was excited to see this today...and now as I am reading it on your page, I went into immediate panic. Hossa's number is #18. Maltby better be staying on the team and keeping his number. Otherwise, I am going to be severely depressed.

Hossa is a fabulous addition to the team.

Elbow said...

I can't believe Maltby would be going anywhere, especially since at this point its a one year thing. That is also a good reason why Maltby shouldn't have to give up his number.

Besides it doesn't matter what number he wears during the game...he'll always be #18. Its like Jordan didn't become #45 because that was his jersey number, he was and always will be #23.

Unknown said...

I'd be VERY interested to know which line Marian Hossa will be on. My guess is either the Pavel Datsyuk or Henrik Zetterberg line. Yeah, I know, that's REALLY going out on a limb. He'll certainly be incorporated heavily in the Wings' power play units.

Wow, a career 299 goal scorer in eight seasons player is a Red Wing. I'm salivating at the possibilities. He took a paycut for his chance at the brass ring, so this is not about the money for MH.

Ah, the rich get richer. :o)

BTW, hope you and Dem had a great Fourth. :o)