Saturday, July 19, 2008

Matt Nathanson

My friend Ciara has been talking up Matt Nathanson for quite some time now. I've heard him on the radio a few times and to be honest wasn't too excited about him. It wasn't that his songs were bad, but that they seemed kind of boring. Then Friday he was playing in Ann Arbor at the Art Fair and Ciara had invited Dem and I. We went down there and I quickly came to the conclusion that it was going to be quite unpleasant since the show was going to be an hour, I had to sit on the concrete in a small space (my legs and butt weren't happy about that), it was really hot and humid at the start, and from what I had heard from him I thought it was going to be boring.

Ciara was really, really excited about the Matt Nathanson concert.

Well I have to say that he is really, really good live. The show was extremely entertaining. Matt had the entire crowd participating in the performance, he was really quite funny, the songs were really good, and he sang the songs with a lot of passion and energy. Dem and I were both pretty impressed by the performance and really glad we went...Ciara you are correct that one should see Matt Nathanson live. Check him out in the video below of him getting some crowd participation going for covering Rick Springfield's "Jessie's Girl".

Dem and I enjoying the concert.


1 comment:

demoreeann said...

:) it was pretty fun!