Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wings/Avs Rivalry

Tonight the Red Wings and the Avalanche get to play some more playoff hockey against each other. I've been watching some clips of the rivalry and it is getting so excited, especially for game 2 when my parents, Demoree, and I get to go (I think...I never got final confirmation but I'm assuming right now). I just love this rivalry so much because they use to fight so hard to win (both sides) and unlike other top teams neither side wanted to avoid each other. As a Wings fan I always wanted to have to play the Avalanche even though they were so good because it wasn't enough to win the Cup we wanted to play right thru them. I know I already posted a video today but I've got to post this as well...it gives me chills and gets me very excited.

2 comments:

Trudi said...

Love, Love, LOVED this clip! So many memories, so many smiles on my face. Love hockey!

Unknown said...

i'd post some comments about the Avalanche, but they wouldn't be suitable nor appropriate for this blog. ;o)

seriously, this video does give me chills and brings up fond memories of the Wings in 1997 and 2002. Loved the Patty Roy "Statue of Liberty" hotdog play that D-Mac cashed in. Who could ever forget D-Mac kicking serious butt over Claude Lemieux?!?!

I'll get my brooms ready for tomorrow. Hopefully, you are, too. :oD