Monday, April 07, 2008

Tal Wilkenfeld

So a couple weeks ago I finally used my gift card to Best Buy that my parents got me for Christmas. With it I purchased season 1 of 30 Rock and Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007 (I love them both). Now the one thing that peaked my curiosity was that when Jeff Beck played he had this very young looking girl play with him on bass. She was really freaking good and it made me think it must be Jeff Beck's daughter because how else could someone so young get such an opportunity even is she is amazing (which she is). Demoree and I then did some investigating since we both were wondering and it turns out it isn't Jeff Beck's daughter but Tal Wilkenfeld. She's a high school drop out from Australia who just happens to be one of the top 50 Fusion bass players in the world at the age of 21 (I was actually thinking she was between 13 and 16 years old. Check her out for yourself below.

Jeff Beck with Tal Wilkenfeld at Crossroads 2007 Live

1 comment:

demoreeann said...

she is seriously amazing!