Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Finally

It has taken the internet over a decade to finally share with the world my team's record from the 1996 Gavel Club Invitational for high jump (or at least it has taken Google this long to find it). Perhaps the news hasn't spread so fast since high jump relays are that common and our team only tied the record and didn't break it.


Plus it has found out about my mom bowling a 588 series, which qualified her for the end of season tournament back in 1984...I'm not sure but I'm assuming this would be the year my mom went to state in bowling. Good job mom.

I suppose now that I've shared this with you it is obvious that when I get really bored I type names of friends and family (and myself) into Google to see what comes up...I suppose this is common.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We always new about the record but it is nice to share with others. Just for the record that year Diana Dunn and I placed second in the state for doubles. That was the first year that we all had bowled at the state level. It was alot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Good job, ae! That's very impressive!

Mrs. Starman said...

Fun facts!

Anonymous said...

sweet....But u know sometimes the whole google name search thing can backfire in a situation where, oh I don't know, hypothetically speaking you look up someone who has the same exact name as their father and grandfather. All it takes is for one of them to do something wild .... and thats all I have to say.

belbing said...

elbow18 the gamer...first looking at your profile it doesn't look as though you are doing much gaming...stick with it though.

Second, I concur that there are flaws with the searching of names on google when father and grandfathers have the same name. It could be good or bad...or example perhaps your father was on television and was famous, you would also be mistaken for him as well. This is why I support the new naming system purposed by a good friend of mine. Here is the basic concept...lets say for example said person with their father and grandfather having the same name are called Yello Theduck.

Here is how you would refer to each person...
grandfather - Yello Theduck
father - Yello Theduck son of Yello Theduck
son - Yello Theduck son of Yello Theduck son of Yello Theduck

or alternately the middle name would be the father's name...
grandfather - Yello Theduck
father - Yello Yello Theduck Theduck
son - Yello Yello Yello Theduck Theduck Theduck

This would solve most of the confusion...unless two seperate families had the same sequence of names...at this point I would suggest using roman numerals. Hence if this sequence of Yello Theduck was the second similar seqeunce the son would be...
Yello Yello Yello Theduck Theduck Theduck II.

- Brian Ronald Hilmar Elbing Elbing Elbing