Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I spent most of this past weekend up in Traverse City meeting Demoree’s family. I had a lovely time up there and really enjoyed meeting her family and visiting Traverse City (Lake Ann). Then on Sunday we drove straight from Traverse City to Detroit to go to the Red Wings game 2 of the conference championship. This worked out well since it allowed both Demoree and I to see our moms on Mothers Day…

Happy (Belated) Mother’s Day Mom!!!
The game was actually much better than the first game I went to (Game 1 of Round 2 when the Wings got shut out by San Jose). The Wings were playing quite well and if it were for 2 goals by Anaheim that were waved off but then given to them after review the Wings would have had the win. However those goals counted and the game went to overtime (seriously how lucky to be able to watch live overtime playoff hockey). Unfortunately Anaheim was able to get a really nice shot from the corner to end the game during the first overtime. Well I would have loved to seen a Wings win but at least I was able to see Maltby score a shorthanded goal, overtime playoff hockey, and watch it with my parents and Demoree (thanks dad).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea of what you were talking about.