Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Pick a number...

This old story just popped into my head...well I was reminded of it because my friend Sherry pointed out how predictable I am. Last night I was talking to her on msn messenger, and I told her I would tell her something if she could guess what DVD I was watching. Now I own a lot of DVDs, but she was able to guess Dave Matthews Band - Central Park Concert. Mind you she had done the same thing the night before as well.

So today we were talking about how predictable I am, and this made me think about how when I was a kid our family use to make fun of my dad for being so predictable. The story is short, but man it makes me laugh. So a common thing my dad would do if me and my sisters (Renee and Teresa) were fighting over something is he would say pick a number, 1 through 3. Then whoever got the right number would get it. Well Renee and I quickly realized that he always picked 2....see his logic was 1 is too obvious of a number and 3 is as well since there are 3 kids so he would pick two. For whatever reason Teresa never caught on (or at least later than Renee and I) so every time this would come up Renee and I would try to get 2 as fast as possible while Teresa would hurry to get 1 or 3. It wasn't until years later that Renee and I finally confessed that we knew the whole time...poor Teresa. Well I am my father's son.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was just being lucky. There is not statistics involved.

Elbow said...

The isn't the entire case that I am like my father...simply an example of how we are both predictable.