Friday, October 03, 2008

Female Influence.

Since Brian was unsure about how often he could access the internet in Asia, I asked him if I could "guest blog" while he was gone.

Me, being a blogger.

So, to start off, I'm going to post a few pictures of some of Brian's preparation for the trip that I helped with: beefing up his wardrobe to look like a cool professor-to-be.

Most people assume that because I am a graphic designer that by default i can both dress myself well, and dress other people. You would be sorely mistaken. I need my what not to wear-loving roommates with me whenever I go shopping, otherwise I end up with jeans and either grey, white or black shirts.

So, when Brian asked me to help him figure out what to wear, I was a little nervous because my guy clothing shopping resume is pretty short: my little brother(courderoy pants and t-shirts), my dad (sweatpants with pockets and Michigan gear), and Brian (shorts & t shirts). We're just a laid back bunch; I wear dresses only to weddings, and I'm pretty sure I've never seen brother wear a tie.

I don't know what professional guys wear, not to mention that menswear sizes are a foriegn language. 17 1/2 35-36? Brian's jacket size? umm.. 30? 55? No idea. How are guys clothes supposed to fit. Also no idea what constitutes as pricey, good quality, or cool? What if brian looks like a dork because i dressed him that way! I'm surprised I didn't have a panic attack right in the store.

Thankfully, Brian had an idea of what he wanted and after visiting Macy's unsuccessfully (80.00 for a shirt that feels weird? no, thanks), we went to JC Penny's, which surprisingly has a nice selection of menswear at decent prices.

This was the outcome:
Brian bought a new jacket, shirt, tie and shoes. He looks nice, no?

I suggested that he wear his new shoes around the apartment to break them in.

Brian practicing for his talk.

Gob Bluth said something really funny just as we took this photo.

12 comments:

belbing said...

Well done on your first post...it has my approval. and thanks for helping me with my wardrobe.

Anonymous said...

Good job

Mike H. said...

Yay this was great :)

belbing said...

hey...you are quite the cute blogger.

Unknown said...

i thought the pic with B wearing his good dress shoes with a t-shirt and shorts was funny.

Good luck in Asia, Brian. Look forward to your returning to Michigan soon. :o)

Anonymous said...

Good Job!!! You both did a nice job. It is always difficult to pick the right things to were especially when you have to be in front of a lot of people.

Mrs. Starman said...

Great job on the clothes and great job on the post!
Be careful Dem, he might make this a permanent responsibility.

demoreeann said...

thanks for the kind words, everyone! brian does deserve credit for helping with the clothes too.. it was a team effort. :) he did have final approval.

Sherry said...

I would be fine with it if you become the permanent blogger here. :)

Sherry said...

Also, it seemed that Brian was growing taller as he practiced the talk. You gotta stop him at some point!

belbing said...

Man Sherry I didn't know you were so displeased with my blogging...too much sports? Well perhaps we can give your a regular guest spot on the blog. I haven't spoken with her yet, but perhaps we can work out a contract where she could write a post once a month or something.

demoreeann said...

shiyao, i thought that brian would look more commanding and in charge if he started off the talk really slouching and stood up straighter and straighter.. then on his toes. he'll have to let us know how that strategy works. :)

brian, i we will have to negotiate the conditions of a guest spot. :)