Thursday, August 23, 2007

All to Myself!!!

What a joy...I went to the office to work on a publication. My plan is to work all night to get my first draft done (these things take a lot of time and missing the opportunity to get something done can't be passed up). Anyway, I walk into the office and no one is here...sure it is 9:30pm and someone may arrive any minute, but the simple fact that there is some period of time without anyone here is really awesome. This may seem odd but with about a dozen graduate students it is very odd that someone isn't here at all times (day, night, holidays...seriously always). So at least for awhile tonight I get to work without headphones on and do my weird things that I do when I'm trying to figure something out...

Son of a...

I knew it was too good to be true...someone just arrived. Well it was fun while it lasted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm...let me guess who...was that me?

Elbow said...

Actually that wasn't you...you are in Iowa.

Mrs. Starman said...

All good things must come to an end.