Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Smells Like Teen Spirit

I recently became interested in searching for some covers of Nirvana songs, but this has proved to be a bit more challenging then I had anticipated. The problem is that today's youth have no idea why my generation liked Nirvana, but they know that they were something great. Unfortunately they were great not for any talent (poor singing and basic guitar playing), but because Cobain but such raw emotion into his songs and made songs that were for the most part nothing like anything else that was out there at the time. As a result if I go to YouTube and search for covers of Nirvana songs it's an endless supply of kids playing and singing exactly like Cobain did (or worse), which is nothing special. However, thanks to 107.1's Acoustic Brunch I have found a sweet cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit by Rhythms del Mundo featuring Shanade. If nothing else at least Rey should enjoy this.

No comments: