Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Red Wings & Lady Gaga

Tonight the Red Wings got their 10th win of the Stanley Cup playoffs, which leaves six more needed. The Wings I think were out played for the most part. Samuelsson will get a lot of the credit for the win and rightfully so since he had a takeaway, resulting in a three on one, and ended with him shooting in a beautiful shot for the win in overtime. However, in my opinion the number one star has to be Ozzie...the Hawks had a ton of great shots on goal and Ozzie was a wall...OZZIE! OZZIE! OZZIE!

The Wings celebrate after the game winning goal in overtime.

Anyway, so why the weird title...well its a shout out to my friend Karen who not only has helped expand my music interests with artists like Rilo Kiley, Ladyhawke, and Lykke Li but has also helped me with my Red Wings reading. In a recent ESPN article it was noted that the Blackhawks hadn't won a Stanley Cup since 1961, which was before the world had heard of the Beatles. Then it mentioned that the Red Wings haven't won the Stanley Cup since June of last year, which was before the world had heard of Lady Gaga...oh yes I get that reference now and I recommend everyone just dance, it'll be ok...thanks Karen!

2 comments:

my name is karen. said...

haha thanks for the shout out! :)

demoreeann said...

:) many thanks to karen for keeping us all informed on pop culture!