Monday, May 25, 2009

Goodbye Fortress of Solitude

Michigan campus shortly after I moved to Ann Arbor...taken while showing my parents around.

Since I moved to Ann Arbor from Kalamazoo I have lived in the same building, termed the "Fortress of Solitude". Back in 2006 I moved from the first floor to the third floor, but that has been my only move since January of 2004. I realized a few days ago that since 2004 there have only been a handful of nights that I spent in Ann Arbor that were not slept in that building. The only nights I could remember (which actually Dem remembered when I told her that I never have) was a few nights after the Beachhouse was broken into when I slept on their couch. So since as of two nights ago I began sleeping in Dem's and my future residence, I figured I should post a short entry remembering building 20.

View of the sun setting from the parking lot...getting a picture of the sun setting from the place we are remembering...artistic?

Aww...little Brian in A8 (i.e. first floor) before he was broken from graduate school.

After about a year on the first floor I did some rearranging...I believe this was the arrangement when Sherry first saw my apartment.

The arrangement on the third floor was rather constant...though my little green chair moved around a little bit.

My baby bamboo...for those that have seen it recently you can see just how much he's grown up.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

oooh, are you growing the baby bamboo for my panda? That's so thoughtful of you!

demoreeann said...

it's kind of funny that i'm actually sad to "leave" your apartment. maybe it was seeing all the empty rooms, or maybe the thought that this part of my/your/our life is ending that makes me sad. Not sure anyone will really get that, but oh well. The good news is we are moving on to a bigger & better apartment AND oh yeah, marriage. and that is a good thing. :)

Mrs. Starman said...

Nice post