Friday, April 20, 2007

Happy Birthday

Well I’m another year old…that means I’m 26 years old…so happy birthday to me (and to k.g.'s mom). Also today marks a significant millstone for the my family. As of today we have owned our farm in Pigeon for 100 years. So happy anniversary to E. Farms!

So for my birthday entry last year I listed the horrible national tragedies that have taken place around my birthday (Waco, Oklahoma City, Columbine) and stated that I consider it a good birthday if no major tragedies take place within a week of my birthday…well I guess this year isn’t a good birthday. As we all know this past Monday at Virginia Tech the worst campus shooting in US history took place. I know only the basic information about this event and don’t have much to say with the exception that I’m disappointed with NBC. They granted the wish of a suicidal mass murder…I know NBC did nothing illegal and were sitting on hot information that the masses would eat up, but they just gave that guy exactly what he wanted and encouraged other likeminded individuals to do the same thing. Had NBC just turned it over to the police then they would probably have gone unnoticed for their noble act…I guess that would be why it was noble then.

6 comments:

Mike H. said...

I'm kinda surprised they didn't just play very small snippets on air and then direct people to their website to view more of it.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Son! It would be nice if NBC and the media would take the high road and not put so much coverage on such a horrible act. But they keep playing into the hands of these types of people and that just adds to the "glamore" of it to the offenders.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday son!!! Your birthday is always special to me.

Mrs. Starman said...

Happy Birthday Brian!
Do you remember when you told me that you thought that something big would happen around your 26th birthday? I hate it when you are right.

Happy Birthday anyway... and happy anniversary Elbing Farms.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Little Brother

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Brian! I am sorry that we were on a fight back then. And I hope it will never happen again.