Monday, January 29, 2007

Another Prayer

So I know that I haven't been the best updater with my blog (perhaps I should just start each entry with that statement). However I actually do have an excuse for why I've been so delinquent with my updating...no internet. I haven't had internet in my apartment since the first of the year. Some may say "Brian why don't you just update from the office where you definitely have internet access?" Now that is a valid point, but the problem is that I no longer live in the office so I typically spend my time just doing work when I'm there. Fortunately, tonight I was able to log onto an unsecured wireless network in my apartment. Since I desperately want to avoid the miserable task of doing my homework I figured I should cease the opportunity to update my blog.

Now there are all kinds of things worthy of being posted, but I'm going to just keep this entry short and sweet with a little more thievery from the book I finished reading last night (I saw the end and kept reading until 3:30am to finish it). The book is the same one that I've commented on in my last couple entries, Prayer: Does it make any difference? by Philip Yancey. Since I love a good pray that is simple but eloquent I'm posting yet another prayer...


O Gracious and Holy Father
Benedict of Nursia
O gracious and holy Father,
give us wisdom to perceive Thee,
intelligence to understand Thee,
diligence to seek Thee,
patience to wait for Thee,
eyes to behold Thee,
a heart to meditate upon Thee,
and a life to proclaim Thee;
through the power of the Spirit
of Jesus Christ our Lord.
p.s.
I'm currently listening to Eric Clapton and Mary J. Blige playing Not Gon' Cry...seriously it is amazing and everyone should check it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I will ever read that book. I have a long list of books to read. First of all, I want to finish Bible gradually.

Anonymous said...

BTW, 2007 is done! Hahahahahahahahha