Sunday, December 07, 2008

Looking Back

I visited PhD Comics for the first time in a very long time (besides when Sherry passes a good one on to me), and it just captures the life of a grad student so well. So I decided to recap my graduate studies with several comics that I think capture something that can only fully be appreciated by those that have been through the fire...but I hope everyone enjoys them (click on images for larger versions).

The Early Days (years?)


Middle Ages



The Past Year



The successful representation of my past academic career gives confidence that we can use PhDcomic to extrapolate even into the future...

This Coming Wednesday


My Life as a Postdoc

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jorge Cham is so brilliant!!!

Mrs. Starman said...

Cute.

Anonymous said...

5 1/2 yrs of my life flashed before my eyes. i distinctly remember hope and then squashed hope, desperation, and finally sweet sweet freedom! welcome to my world, Dr. E!