Friday, March 30, 2007

Short and Funny Story

So this evening I was going through emails and started reading old emails between Sherry and I. Most of which were either about Narnia or explaining why we didn't mean to upset each other. Then I read this one that had a really short story that I found very funny at the time, but didn't have a blog at the time to allow me to share with everyone.

So basically with the "Hiplate" project that I work on we spent quite a bit of time in the Memphis, which of coarse requires us to sleep in hotel rooms. Frequently we get penthouses so that during these long stretches we can have two people per room, but there are two rooms so each on has there own separate room (basically it is cheaper for the penthouse then individual rooms). Anyway, there was a former PhD student that was working in Memphis and during his time there he shared a penthouse with 3 professors that are on his committee (group of 4-5 professors that decide if you become a doctor). Then Sherry told him that if he graduates (he did graduate) the only reason would be that he slept with his committee members.

Now that I wrote that I don't know how funny others will find that, but I thought/think its funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to wait until Natash is on my committee...

Mrs. Starman said...

She meant well.