Tuesday, March 13, 2007

All Nighters

While I'm taking a minute to clear my mind I figured I would write a quite post. Now when I work all night my mind changes into a new mode...I may figure out solutions to problems I've never been able to do, but simple stuff will be wrong. On that note I'll point out that almost certainly I will have misspelled words in this post and there is a good chance that my sentences won't exactly make sense.

I just went and got some breakfast from McDonalds (I actually really like their hash browns and cinnamon buns, but never am up early enough to get them). This morning happens to be really beautiful...it is an early spring morning. I just love it when you're outside and it isn't cold but there certainly is a chill in the air.

I have thoughts but there is no way to organize them...how was able to get so much work done without being able to combine different thoughts? Actually periodically during the night I'll be working on a problem for a couple hours then I get confused about something and before I know it I don't even know what the problem is anymore. I then have to go back to the beginning and reread the problem statement, refocus, and then I can continue.

Welp...how's that for a useless rant?

3 comments:

tahmmee said...

oh yea, 48 hr days, thats what I'm talking about....

So, I'm curious about what it normally take for you to pull off an all nighter?
Usually when I see the flood waters of EECS rising I usually pull a Noah and take 2 of every kind of fruit I have in the fridge into the lab.
Grapes are counted in bunches :)

oh, and there must be some kind of caffeinated beverage within reach .... Actually I think I have a problem. when it comes to caffine, but what can I do?
The streetz made me this way.....

Kaci Jo said...

Welp...that was funny. ha!

Anonymous said...

Were you working for your mid-term or what?