Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Life Update

My lack of posting is directly related to my inability to find free time…I decided to post something tonight because Dem and I decided that to take Sunday and just rest. There is a long list of things that have kept me busy, but I think they can be summarized in to three categories: (1) Wedding preparation; (2) Experiment work; (3) Organizing life work.

(1) Wedding Preparations
While Dem has been doing the vast majority of the work (along with her parents) in preparation for the wedding, it is kind of like school in that even though you may or may not have something to do you always feel that you should be working on something else. We are making progress slowly but surely, but its really getting close and that means we have to make some major progress soon.


Dem works hard…I take the things she buys and try to stack them on top of each other. Yes, that is a roll of wrapping paper balanced on a mount of rolls of ribbon topped off with a pen, a knife and several spools of something.

(2) Experiment Preparations
I’m helping with preparations for the next experiment in Memphis. The majority of my effort over the past couple weeks has been the construction of a water flow loop that is quite large and experiences some very high pressures. It was suppose to be simple but like most things in the lab it has turned out to be much more difficult than expected.


Part of what me and Marc have been working on.


(3) Life Organizing
This area is harder to define then the previous two and is sort of a combination of the two. The wedding related side involves things like finding a place to live and how getting married, moving, and working in Memphis are all going to be handled. The work related side involves finding a real job and writing publications so I can get a real job. I think this is the area that I feel is the most important since its preparing a future for Dem and I, but currently the majority of my time and effort are on the previous two…which I suppose is necessary since they are the more pressing issues at the moment.

1 comment:

demoreeann said...

i think you get mvp for the week! :) thanks for working so hard!