Friday, February 13, 2009

Playing at Chrysler

Bringing the ball up at Chrysler Arena.

Last night my intramural team got its third chance to play at Chrysler Arena (this time not a championship game though). My first time playing there I played poorly but our team won the IM championship, and the second time I was in Memphis and couldn't play. So I was really looking forward to getting another chance to play there. Well as luck would have it yesterday was the first day I've been feeling ok in nearly a week. I spent the majority of time since Saturday really sick with a wicked flu...chills, fever, full body aching, coughing, congestion, headache, etc. In spite of that I decided I would try and play...well turns out I wasn't the only one on the team in this situation. The game was painfully bad.

Catching a pass with one hand because when it was thrown my left hand was being held.

Me and another guy scored over a hundred points in our first three games...we combined for probably 5 points this game. In fact I managed to score as many points getting kicked out of the game as I did playing the game. Well, I didn't actually get kicked out but I'm not sure I would have been allowed back on the court. During the game the other team was doing a lot of holding and pushing of our team, which I don't blame them since the refs weren't calling it. However, it was extremely annoying to me. So when I had to catch a pass with one hand because my left hand was being held, than got pushed when trying to shoot, and missed the shot, I was rather upset. So I decided to show how to really grab and push...I grabbed the guy closest to me and pushed him to the ground. I immediately walked to the bench and said I'm done. As luck would have it someone from the other team must have come at me wanting to fight or something because he got a technical and I got an intentional foul. I guess the rules give the other a team 2 points automatically when there is a technical foul and than the other team got two free throws for my intentional foul.

Me loosing my cool...moments before heading to the bench to end my night.

The good news is that Monday my co-ed team gets to play a Chrysler Arena so I get another chance to redeem myself...and hopefully by than I'll have enough energy to play hard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one is quite readable. :)

Anonymous said...

darn zebras

belbing said...

yeah those zebras know how to push my buttons like no one else can :)

Anonymous said...

:) those pictures sure are great! i mean, really fabulous.